Teacher Service Commission(TSC) comprise of six (6) commissioners. Dr.Lydia Nzomo is the chairperson and she is deputised by Mubarak Twahir.
Under Article 237(2) of the Constitution, the Commission is mandated to perform the following functions:
1. Register trained teachers
2. Recruit and employ registered teachers
3. Assign teachers employed by the Commission for service in any public school or institution
4. Promote and transfer teachers
5. Exercise disciplinary control over teachers
6. Terminate the employment of teachers
7. Review the standards of education and training of persons entering the teaching service
8. Review the demand for and supply of teachers
9. Advise the national government on matters relating to the teaching profession
Here is a list of all TSC commissioners with their education background.
1. Dr. Lydia Nzomo-Chairperson
Dr. Nzomo holds a PhD in Educational Psychology from Kenyatta University, Master of Arts Degree in Counseling psychology from United States International University (USIU) and a Bachelor of Arts degree with Diploma in Education option form University of Nairobi. In addition, she has undertaken several courses in Education Management and Administration both locally and internationally.
2. Mubarak Twahir- Commissioner
Mbarak holds a Masters of Education degree (Science Education) from University of Leeds and a Bachelors of Education degree (B.Ed. Science) from the University of Nairobi. He also holds an Advanced Diploma in Educational Studies from University of Leeds and a Diploma in Special Education from the County of Copenhagen in Denmark.
3. Tache Bonsa Gollo-Commissioner
He holds a Bachelors’ degree in Education from the Catholic University of Eastern Africa and has undergone training on corporate governance and Administration and management of schools in Education from the Catholic University of Eastern Africa and has undergone training on corporate governance and Administration and management of schools.
4.Beatrice Marembo Adu-Commisioner
Beatrice initially worked for the Teachers Service Commission for eight years. she holds a Bachelor of Education (Arts) degree from the University of Nairobi and has undertaken various professional courses.
5. Kinoti Imanyara-Commissioner
Kinoti holds a Bachelors’ degree in Education from the University of Nairobi and a Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from Penn Foster Career School in USA. He has also undergone training at Strathmore University on the Art of Leadership in Educational institutions.
6. Albert Fred Ekirapa-Commissioner
Albert Fred Ekirapa-Commissioner
Ekirapa served for 15 years as a teacher in various schools where he rose through the ranks to the position of principal. He holds a Masters degree in Education Administration from the University of Nairobi and a Bachelor’s degree in Education from Kenyatta University. He brings with him a wealth of knowledge from the education sector.
Souce: tsc.go.keRelated Posts;
- Contacts of TSC county director in all 47 counties
- New Teacher Service Commission TSC structure Kenya 2020
- TSC Online News; Online Payslips, TPAD, Frequently asked questions
- Tsc professional misconduct,TSC disciplinary process, salary during interdiction period
- New recruitment guidelines & score sheet for P1 teachers 2020
- New recruitment Guidelines & score sheet for secondary school teachers 2020
- Reasons that can lead to interdiction of teachers in Kenya 2020
- New TSC grading System
- All types of allowances paid to teachers in Kenya 2020
- TSC hardship Ares in Kenya