The County government of Nairobi has announced 219 job vacancies for Early Childhood Development Education, ECDE, teachers who meet certain qualifications.
In a notice seen by Jambo News, the County public service board requested all those who are interested and qualify for the job to submit their applications by Friday 22nd October, 2021.
According to the advert, prospective employees will earn an average of monthly salary ranging from Ksh25,470 to Ksh33,950. They will also enjoy a house allowance of Ksh6,750, plus a commuter allowance of Ksh4,000.
For one to be considered for the job they have to meet a number of qualifications which include;
- diploma in Early Childhood Development Education which should be offered by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) or an institution that is approved by the Ministry of Education.
- Certificate in computer proficiency.
- Must be registered by the Teachers Service Commission.
- Must possess a certificate of Good Conduct and clearance certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
In addition to above requirements, they must possess various skills within the job environment such as :
- interpersonal skills,
- communication skills,
- leadership skills,
- organisational skills,
- ability to work under pressure,
- negotiation skills,
- ability to build and lead cohesive teams, and
- problem-solving skills.
1.Duties include preparation of schemes work and lesson notes/plan.
2.maintenance of pupils’ personal records.
3.Attending parents’ meetings.
4.coordinating and supervising co-curricular activities in the sub-county.
The Others include
Co-ordinating the collection of statistical data and returns for all schools production of monthly and quarterly feeding programmes and reports, and advising parents/guardians on the child’s developmental progress.
Interested candidates should:
a) .Register at the Nairobi City County public service board recruitment portal by providing your email address and password.
Here is the link http://cpsb.nairobi.go.ke/index.php/register.php
b) . log in to the portal, to provide information on four tabs;
- personal information,
- academic details,
- employment details,
- Cover letter and testimonials (upload your cover letter and add testimonials).
NCC public service board recruitment portal allows a candidate to track their job applications to monitor progress.