St mary’s School- Yala is not only a giant in academics but also co-curricular activities. This article provides complete information about this school.
In this article we concentrate on the school’s physical location, directions, contacts, history, Form one selection criteria and analysis of its performance in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, KCSE, exams. Get to see a beautiful collation of images from the school’s scenery; including structures, signage, students, teachers and many more.
For all details about other schools in Kenya, please visit the link below;
- SCHOOLS’ NEWS PORTAL
ST MARY’S- YALA SCHOOL’S PHYSICAL LOCATION
St. Mary’s School Yala is a boys’ only secondary school situated along the Kisumu -Busia highway in a small but serene township known as Yala; In Siaya County of the Nyanza Region, Kenya.
ST MARY’S- YALA SCHOOL’S INFO AT A GLANCE
- SCHOOL’S NAME: St Mary’s school- Yala
- SCHOOL’S TYPE: Boys’ only boarding school
- SCHOOL’S CATEGORY: Extra County
- SCHOOL’S LEVEL: Secondary
- SCHOOL’S LOCATION: situated along the Kisumu -Busia highway in a small but serene township known as Yala; In Siaya County of the Nyanza Region, Kenya.
- SCHOOL’S KNEC CODE: 42726101
- SCHOOL’S OWNERSHIP STATUS: Public
- SCHOOL’S PHONE CONTACT: (+254) 0203530021
- SCHOOL’S POSTAL ADDRESS: St. Mary’s School Private Bag, Yala, Kenya
- SCHOOL’S EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
- SCHOOL’S WEBSITE: http://stmarysyala.ac.ke/
ST MARY’S- YALA SCHOOL’S BRIEF HISTORY
St Mary’s School- Yala was founded in 1927 by the Mill Hill missionaries notably Msgr. Brandsma who had a burning desire to start a teachers college for catholic schools. After a lot of struggle Yala School was opened in 1927 making it one of the oldest schools in Kenya.
It was noted that not many students were keen on becoming teachers and so it became a full primary school and junior secondary school that expanded to become the current St. Mary’s Yala, giving a chance to many African students to attend school. There is a strong history behind the school that over the years has given lead to its growth. There are between 700-730 students in attendance at the school each year and it has a teaching staff of 40.
FOR A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL SCHOOLS IN
ST MARY’S- YALA SCHOOL’S VISION
ST MARY’S- YALA SCHOOL’S MISSION
ST MARY’S- YALA SCHOOL’S CONTACTS
In need of more information about the school? Worry not. Use any of the contacts below for inquiries and/ or clarifications:
- Phone: (+254) 0203530021
- Postal Address: St. Mary’s School Private Bag, Yala, Kenya
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
ST MARY’S- YALA SCHOOL’S FORM ONE SELECTION CRITERIA & ADMISSIONS
Being a public school, form one admissions are done by the Ministry of Education. Vacancies are available on competitive basis. Those seeking admissions can though directly contact the school or pay a visit for further guidelines.
ST MARY’S- YALA SCHOOL’S KCSE PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS
The school has maintained a good run in performance at the Kenya National Examinations Council, KNEC, exams.