Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service, KUCCPS, has warned the general public against fake message doing rounds on social. The fradulent message indicates that the KUCCPS will open its portal on Thursday next week (24th January 2019) for revisions and first time applications.
“The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) hereby brings to the attention of the public that the message circulating in social media platforms is fake and does not originate from us,” reads a part of warning from KUCCPS.
The fraudulent message is advising students who are yet to submit their applications through their schools to apply for degree, diploma or certificate courses as government sponsored students yet the deadline for centre application elapsed.
The deadline for school or centre application elapsed on Saturday 5th January, 2019 after it was extended from 31st December, 2018.
The following are parts of fraudulent message that has been disowned by KUCCPS;
- Please take note of dates : Midnight 24 January to 14 February 2019 for application/ revision of applications to join university.
- That 70,073 KCSE students who got a C plus of 46 points and above will join public and private universities. This is according to Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) CEO, John Muraguri.
- In a statement sent to newsrooms, Mr. Muraguri further said that KCSE candidates who scored grade C minus of 32 points will be eligible to join tertiary institutions to pursue diploma courses.
- According to the statement, all candidates who scored a mean grade of D of 18 points and above will now be able to enroll for craft certificate courses offered in tertiary institutions. Mr. Muraguri added that KUCCPS will open its online application system on Wednesday, January 24 at midnight (wrong date as 24th shall be on Thursday) which shall close on February 14 for candidates to allow students revise their placement choices.
- He advised students who are yet to submit their applications through their schools to apply for degree, diploma or certificate courses as government sponsored students.
Here is the truth about KUCCPS 2018 KCSE Candidates:
- Minimum requirements for placement to degree is C+, Diploma C- , Craft Certificate D- and Artisan Certificate E.
- First revision for degree and diploma choices will be on dates to be announced by placement service.
- Candidates who will not have qualified on competitive selection for any of their preferred choices during the first round of selection will be given a chance to do second revision by selecting courses with unfilled capacities.
- Any applicant who fails to qualify for their choices but meet the cut off points for placement may be offered any course with unfilled capacities taking into account the minimum requirements for admission.
- That the placement of government sponsored students is only for Kenyan Citizens.
- During placement exercise students make choices for programmes they are only interested in pursuing. No program is mandatory. For more information visit: www.kuccps.net