The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has announced that it will open its portal for KCSE students to do second revision of courses
Only those students who missed university courses of their choice can revise their options after Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) announced the opening of the portal beginning Friday, June 16.
The minimum entry requirement for Degree Programmes is a Mean Grade of C+ (plus).
The minimum entry requirement for Diploma Programmes is C – (minus); for Craft Certificate Courses is D (plain); and for Artisan Certificate courses is E.
Who can apply?
- Application for degree courses is open only to the KCSE examination class of 2022 for applicants with C+ and above.
- Form Four Leavers who sat the KCSE examination between the years 2000 and 2021 and have never been placed by KUCCPS are eligible to apply for courses at all levels except Degree. They can only apply for courses offered in the TVET colleges.
- Form Four leavers who sat for KCSE between the years 2000 and 2021 and scored C + (plus) and above (and have never been placed by KUCCPS) are eligible to apply for placement to Diploma in Secondary Teacher Education in Government Teacher Training Colleges (TTCs).
How to Apply
- Visit the KUCCPS website www.kuccps.ac.ke and click Student’s Portal tab.
- On the portal, click the Login tab.
- To log in, enter your KCSE Index Number, your KCSE year and your password. (Your password is your KCPE index number OR your birth certificate number).
- Once logged in, view the available courses, universities and TVET colleges on the Programmes and Institutions tabs. When you find the courses you want and qualify for note down their programme codes.
- To apply, click Application/Revision and key in the programme codes in the provided form in the order of priority.
- Once the system has accepted all your programme codes, submit.
- To complete your submission, follow the payment procedure that will appear on your screen.
- For detailed guidelines, download and read the Student’s Guide available on the portal under Downloads.
Eligibility for Government Scholarship and Loan
- Only students who apply through KUCCPS and are placed for Degree programmes in Public Universities and Diploma, Craft Certificate and Artisan courses in TVET institutions under the State Department for Vocational and Technical Training will be eligible to receive the Government scholarship, and a loan from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Students placed in Private Universities and other institutions will not qualify for Government scholarship but are eligible to apply for a loan from HELB.
Application Support Countrywide
Applicants who may need support are advised to visit our officers stationed in the Huduma Centres located in Nairobi (GPO), Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Garissa, Kitui, Eldoret, Kakamega, Meru, Kitale, Thika, Isiolo, Narok, Laikipia and Nakuru. Applicants may also seek help in all other Huduma Centres countrywide.
In addition, from May 22, 2023 to May 30, 2023, KUCCPS officers have been stationed in the following Huduma Centres, Universities and Colleges to offer support to applicants.
1. Alupe University (Busia)
2. Baringo Technical College
3. Bomet University College
4. Borabu Technical Training Institute (Nyamira)
5. Chesta Teachers Training College (West Pokot)
6. Garsen Technical and Vocational College (Tana River)
7. Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
8. Kaimosi Friends University
9. Kericho Teachers Training College
10. Kibabii University
11. Kipsoen Technical and Vocational College
12. Kirinyaga University, Murang’a University
13. Kisii National Polytechnic
14. Kwale Teachers Training College
15. Laisamis Technical and Vocational College
16. Machakos University
17. Masai Technical Training Institute
18. Murang’a University
19. Nyandarua National Polytechnic
20. Ol’lessos Technical Training Institute
21. Pwani University
22. Rongo University
23. South Eastern Kenya University-Wote Campus
24. Taita Taveta University
25. Tharaka University
26. Tom Mboya University
27. Turkana University
28. University of Embu
You can also be supported at:
- All Huduma Centres
- KUCCPS offices in Nairobi, ACK Garden House on 1st Ngong Avenue Community Area
KUCCPS has also organised open days in partnership with various universities and colleges.
Dates: Monday May 29th 2023 to Tuesday May 30th 2023
Time: 9am to 5pm
Open Day Venues:
Baringo Technical Training Institute
Bomet University College
Borabu Technical Training College
Chesta Teachers Training College
Garsen Technical and Vocational College
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
Kaimosi Friends University and
Kericho Teachers Training College
Kipsoen Technical and Vocational College
Kisii National Polytechnic
Kwale Teachers Training College
Laisamis Technical and Vocational College
Lamu Huduma Centre
Maasai Technical Training Institute
Maralal Huduma Centre
Maralal Huduma Centre
Nyandarua National Polytechnic
Ol’lessos Technical Training Institute
South Eastern Kenya University- Wote Campus.
Taita Taveta University
University of Embu
Wajir Huduma Centre
Come talk to KUCCPS Placement and Career Officers to get more information on:
- Placement to Universities, Colleges, TTCs, Polytechnics and TVET courses
- KUCCPS application process
- Student career guidance and mentorship
- Parental advisory
- Career Guidance teachers advisory
- Information about Government Scholarships
It’s free of charge, don’t miss out!