The KUCCPS has opened student portal for the inter-institutional transfer (IIT) applications. This month long exercise will run from September 1st to 30th, 2021.
Student who were placed in universities and colleges in 2021 and would like to change their institutions are at liberty to do so provided they meet minimum requirements.
Here is what you need to know about IIT
- Applications must be lodged online through the Student’s Portal (students.kuccps.net).
- For a transfer to be completed, it must be endorsed by both the university/college where the applicant has been placed and the university/college where the applicant wishes to transfer to.
- One must meet the applicable cut-off points and minimum requirements to apply.
- While applying, a student can retain the same course but change institution or change both course and institution.
- A processing fee of Ksh 1,000 will be charged and should be paid only after the system prompts you to pay. Payments must be done using the KUCCPS Paybill Number 820201. Beware of fraudsters.
Both applicants and institutions should note that:
- Both the receiving and releasing institutions will be given a maximum of one week/seven days to endorse the transfers due to time constraints.
- On expiry of the 7 days at the receiving institution, the transfer application auto-reverts to the applicant to initiate a fresh application.
- On expiry of the 7 days at the releasing institution, the transfer application auto-reverts to KUCCPS for administrative release.
- When a transfer application has been reverted to the student, the student will not be allowed to resend a request to the same institution for the same programme.
- The automated online transfer be restricted to the students placed in the 2021/2022 cycle. Those from the other cycles will be handled on a case-by-case manual transfer.
- The transfer code will expire after three days.