Are you a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) holder who has not yet enrolled into a college? Did you miss the last placement to diploma and certificate courses? Then don’t panic anymore. This is because kuccps is giving you another golden opportunity to to apply for a diploma or certificate course of your choice in National Polytechnics, Technical Training Institutes or other Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions.
KUCCPS online application system reopens from Monday, September 10, 2018 to Sunday, September 30, 2018 for you to submit your application, regardless of the year you did the KCSE examination.
If successful, you will be sponsored by the Government as follows:
- The total fees will not be more than Ksh 56,420 per student per year.
- Of the total fees, the Government will pay Ksh 30,000 for each student directly to the college.
- The balance of Ksh 26,420 may be raised by applying for a loan from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
Minimum requirement grade for KUCCPS diploma and Certificate courses
Diploma – KCSE Mean grade C-
Craft Certificate – KCSE mean grade D
Artisan Certificate – KCSE mean grade E
KUCCPS Application Procedure
All applications must be done online through the KUCCPS website www.kuccps.ac.kefollowing the steps below.
- On the website Home Page under Online Portals, click Student’s Portal. This will take you to the Login Page (students.kuccps.net).
- Click the tab Login on the top right corner of the page and enter your KCSE Index Number, KCSE Year and your login password. (Your password is your Birth Certificate Number or KCPE Index Number as used in KCSE exam registration).
- After successful login, view the available diploma and certificate courses and their minimum requirements under Programmes,noting down the programme codes for the courses you wish to apply for. You will be required to submit a list of four courses in the order you prefer them, beginning with your most preferred (Choice No. 1 to the least preferred, Choice No. 4).
- Once you have settled on your four preferred courses, click the tab Application/Revision and enter the programme codes in your preferred priority order.
- Click Check Requirements. If you meet the minimum requirements for all your courses, you may proceed to SUBMIT. Where you fall short of the requirements, go back to programmes and select alternative diploma/certificate courses and enter their programme codes, then click Check Requirements again. Repeat this process until you meet the minimum requirements for all your choices, then SUBMIT.
- If your application has been successfully submitted, a blue table titled Active Application will appear on the screen showing your choices in your preferred order.
Tel.: 0723954927, 0734879662, 0205137400
Facebook: Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service