The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) opened its online application system on February 6, 2019 for the 2018 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination candidates and other eligible Kenyan youth to apply for placement to degree, diploma, certificate or artisan courses.
The application was scheduled to end on February 23, 2019.
Some degree courses that had not been approved by the Commission for University Education (CUE) for the 2019/2020 placement have now been cleared and uploaded on the application system for students to apply for.
To ensure that the students have ample time to make their selection especially of these additional programmes, the Placement Service has extended the application deadline to Monday, March 4, 2019.
Those who had already applied/revised their choices but would wish to make further changes in light of the newly uploaded programmes are therefore encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity. There will be no additional charges.
What you can apply for
D – or E
Artisan courses in National Polytechnics and other Technical and Vocational Education and Training institutions
D and D+
Certificate/Craft Courses in National Polytechnics and other Technical and Vocational Education and Training institutions
C and C –
Diploma courses in National Polytechnics and other Technical and Vocational Education and Training institutions
C+ and above
Degree courses in Public and Private Universities (2018 KCSE candidates only)
Students seeking application support may now access our services in the following Huduma Centres across the country: Nairobi (Makadara), Eldoret, Meru, Nyeri, Kisumu, Kakamega, Nakuru, Kitui, Garissa and Mombasa.
KUCCPS Application Guidelines 2019/2020
- To apply, login to the Student’s Portal using your KCSE Index Number and KCSE Year. Use your Birth Certificate Number/KCPE Index Number as the Password.
- All programmes have minimum subject requirements. You will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity.
- You may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab in the portal. You can also search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab.
- As you select the programmes, you may move the ones that interest you into the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.
- After confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.
- An application processing fee is charged as follows:
- Students applying for the first time – Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Ksh1,000
- The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.
- You are advised to keep your transaction code safely. It will be required before you make any subsequent changes to your application.
How to Pay for KUCCPS 2019/2020 Application, KUCCPS Business number
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.