The Kenya National Examination Council(KNEC) is set to train examiners in selected subjects in the month of October.
According to the advert seen by Jambo News the training will take place between 3rd and 9th October 2021. The venue for training will be communicated to the qualified applicants at a later date. The training exercise will be residential.
The shortlisted applicants will be notified on how they will pay the training fee of Kshs 10,500.
The successful trainees will be incorporated into KNEC examiners database. The council will thereafter engage such examiners using the criteria for recruiting examiners based on the needs.
TRAINING FOR KCPE EXAMINERS 2021
Primary school teachers to train as KCPE examiners in the following papers;
|S/N||KCPE PAPER NAME||KCPE PAPER CODE|
TRAINING FOR KCSE EXAMINERS 2021
Secondary school teachers to train as KCSE examiners in the following papers;
|S/N||KCSE PAPER NAME||KCSE PAPER CODE|
|3||Biology||231/1, 231/2, 231/3|
|5||History and Government||311/1, 311/2|
|6||Christian Religious Education||313/1, 313/2|
General criteria for all the trainee examiners
- Must be a practicing teacher in the relevant subject areas at the level of examination.
- Must be registered and/or employed by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC).
- Have a minimum qualification of P1 for KCPE examination with a minimum of a C (plain) at KCSE level in the subject they are applying to train.
- Must have a Diploma in Education and above for KCSE marking.
- Have a minimum teaching experience of three (3) years.
- Must NOT be on interdiction or any other form of disciplinary action from the TSC.
- Must be recommended by his/her head of institution and
- Must be 50 years of age and below.
Applicants are required to do the following
- Access the Knec examiners portal using the link https://examinersapp.knec.ac.ke
- Those with Cp2 accounts and passwords, should log in to the portal using their usernames and passwords.
- Those without passwords should click on reset password button and enter their mobile number in the format 2547******** and submit to get their usernames and passwords.
- Those without Cp2 account, click on create account and follow the instructions to create your profile.
- Upon successful log in, complete your personal profile and save. On the dashboard click on apply for training and all the declared vacancies will be available for the trainees to chose.