The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) will be conducting training for teachers to prepare them to become examiners for Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examinations.
KNEC EXAMINERS TRAINING VENUES AND DATES 2022
The training will take place between 18th and 24th September, 2022.
The venue for training will be communicated to the qualified applicants at a later date.
The training exercise will be residential at a fee of kshs. 10,500.
The shortlisted applicants will be notified on how to make the payment.
The Successful trainees will be incorporated into KNEC examiners’ database.
They will thereafter be engaged based on the needs using the criteria on recruitment of examiners.
Teachers who are already trained as examiners and are in the KNEC database of examiners need not to apply for the training.
Applications are therefore invited from interested and qualified teachers as follows:
KNEC EXAMINERS FOR KCSE EXAMINATION
Secondary school teachers to train as KCSE examiners in the following:
1 History and Government 311/1&2
2. Geography 312/1&2
3. Christian Religious Education 313/1&2
4. Islamic Religious Education 314/1&2
5. Agriculture 443/1&2
6. Home Science 441/1&2
7. Computer Studies 451/1
8. Biology 231/1/2/3
CRITERIA, REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAINING AS AN EXAMINER
General requirements for all the trainee examiners
1. Must be a practising teacher in the relevant subject areas at the level of examination
2. Must be registered and/or employed by the Teachers Service commission
3. Have a minimum qualification of P1 or KCPE examination with a minimum of a C (plain)
4. Must have a Diploma in Education and above
5. Have a minimum teaching experience of three 3 years
6. Must NOT be on interdiction or any other form of disciplinary action from the TSC
7. Must be recommended by his/her head of institution
8. Must be 50years of age and below.
9. Applications should reach KNEC on or before 31 August, 2022.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR KNEC EXAMINERS TRAINING
Applications must be made within the stipulated timelines.
KNEC will not consider applications that are made after the set deadlines.
To apply for the advertised KNEC examiners’ training vacancies, follow the steps below:
1. You will be expected to access the online form using the link; https://cp2.knec.ac.ke
2 Fill in your personal details correctly and print the form.
3. You will then fill-in sections 2.0 and 4.0 manually, attach the required testimonials listed in the application form and forward the documents to KNEC.
4. Only qualified Teachers/Tutors who have presented all the required documents will be shortlisted for the training exercise.
Address your application to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC). Р.О. Box 73598-00200 NAIROBI.