Kenya National Examination Council is the body that is mandated with responsibility of registering new examination body.
New schools wishing to be registered as KNEC examination centres for the 2021 KCPE and KCSE examinations should submit the following document to KNEC:
- A certified copy of valid registration certificate from the County Director of Education;
- Duly filled inspection questionnaire from the Sub County Director of Education;
- Duly filled application form from the school;
- Expired registration certificates will not be accepted;
- The application should be accompanied by a payment slip of;
- Kes. 1000/= (one thousand shillings) for public schools
- Kes. 10, 000/= (ten thousand shillings) for private schools.
New Sub Counties wishing to be allocated a KNEC code and coding of the schools should submit the following to KNEC:
- A Kenya Gazette notice legalizing the creation of the Sub County;
- List of schools showing their previous codes and the proposed new codes;
- Location of the storage facility (Container) and details of the Deputy County Commissioner (DCC) or Assistant Deputy County Commissioner (ADCC) office.
For examination centres that wishes to present candidates for KCPE and KCSE 2021 should ensure that information above reaches KNEC before 15th June, 2021.
Registration of candidates for the 2021 KCPE, KCSE and KCSE QT examinations will start from 2nd June, 2021 and end on 31st July, 2021.