The 2021 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Oral and Practical Examination papers are scheduled to start on 28th February and end on 4th March 2022.
These examination papers include:
- French Orals (501/3);
- German Orals (502/3);
- Arabic Orals (503/3);
- Kenya sign language (504/3);
- Music Practical (511/1);
- Home science Practical (441/3).
The Centre Managers of examination centres offering these examination papers are expected to collect the question papers and return duly sealed scores sheets of the candidates to the Sub County containers.
One Supervisor identified, nominated and deployed in the examination centre offering these papers must be at the examination centre when the oral and practical examination papers are being conducted.
The Supervisor must liaise with the Centre Manager to be guided on when the oral and practical examination papers will be taking place at the examination centre.
The roles of the Supervisor during assessment will include:
- Receiving the examination materials from the centre manager in one of the assessment rooms;
- Handing over the examination materials to the assessors and signing the accountability documents;
- Supervising the conduct of the assessment of the oral and practical papers. The supervisor will not be allowed in the assessment room during the assessment exercise to avoid distracting the assessor and the candidate;
- Confining candidates not taking the assessment in a room where they cannot hear or see what is being assessed;
- Ensuring that the candidates who complete the assessment leave the examination room area and do not interact with the candidates who are yet to sit for the assessment; and
- Collecting well sealed envelope containing scores of the candidate and handing over the envelope to the centre manager to be returned to the sub county container.
Two (2) Security Officers shall be deployed at each assessment centre and their roles will include:
- Escorting the Centre Manager carrying examination materials from the container to the examination centre and while returning candidates‘ scripts to the container;
- Assisting the Supervisors in confining candidates not taking the assessment in a room where they cannot hear or see what is being assessed;
- Assisting the Supervisor in ensuring that the candidates who have completed assessment leave the examination room area and do not interact with the candidates who are yet to sit for the assessment;
- Maintaining security at the examination centre and ensuring that unauthorised persons are not at the examination centre during the assessment. Invigilators are NOT allowed at the examination centre during assessment of (KCSE) Oral and Practical Examination Papers.