The Kenya National Examinations Council has automated the process of submitting applications for confirmation of examination results by clients. The query Manaqement Information System (QMIS) is accessible online and therefore, clients are required to use the ONLINE platform to apply for the service. Type the URL: http://qmis.knec.ac.ke to access the QMIS System. Persons requiring this service must apply online through the Query Management Information System (QMIS) and should provide the following details:-
- The applicant’s (candidate’s) full index number.
- The level and the year of examination. In the case of Technical and Business examinations, the series (i.e. month of the year) should be included.
- The name of the school/centre where the examination was sat.
- A copy of the certificate (s) to be confirmed. Result slips may be presented for all examinations except for the CPE/KCPE examinations up to year 2012. (KCPE results slips from the year 2013 printed from the KNEC website/system are acceptable) (Mandatory).
- Where a copy of certificate or results slip is missing, the applicant MUST obtain a certified copy of a results printout for the particular year from their former schools/colleges or Sub- County Directors of Education/ County Directors of Education for private candidates, and schools that have since closed. Those who sat examinations before the new constitution may get the printout from former District/Provincial Education Offices.
- Full address of the institution where the statement of examination results is to be sent.
- Personal file number, reference, admission number or case number where applicable.
- Application for each examination shall be uploaded on its own and the relevant certificate/results slip/results printout attached.
Any institution may confidentially submit the certificates/result slips of their employees or students for verification if they are in doubt. However, personal applications may be submitted individually through the online platform.
The charges are as follows Per certificate and per module for candidates who have done modular courses for those paying in Kenya:
|SN||DESTINATION||COST PER STATEMENT KES|
|3.2||Going outside Kenya||3,480.00|
|3.3||FAX Within Kenya||928.00|
|3.4||FAX going outside Kenya||1,392.00|
The payment will be through MPESA and the system will generate and send a Unique pay bill number to the applicant indicating the amount to be paid.
Applicants who wish to pay from outside Kenya may use the Electronic Money Transfers (EFT) method. The charges are $50.00 (fifty Dollars) and should be done in US Dollars. The banking details are:
Account name: Kenya National Examinations Council; Bank Name: Cooperative; Branch: Cooperative Bank House; Account no.: 01136030120300; Swift Code: kcOOKENA.
Statements of Examination Results are strictly for use by the employer or an institution and therefore cannot be qiven or copied to the candidate/parent/guardian or any other individual (s).
Statements of Examination Results should NOT be re-routed from one organization to another.
Note: A Statement of Examination Results is NOT a certificate.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR BUSINESS, SINGLE AND GROUP EXAMINATION
Single and Group certificates will be charged per stage at KES 2,320.00, 3,480.00 or $50.00 per application. This will only be applicable when all or parts of the certificates in a given stage are presented together in one application e.g. stage I – KES. 2,320.00, 3,480.00 or $50.00, stage Il – KES. 2,320.00, 3,480.00 or $50.00, stage Ill – KES. 2,320.00, 3,480.00 or $50.00.
PROCESSING AND DELIVERY
It takes TEN (10) working days to process and dispatch the statement. Examinations from from 1926 – 1984 may take longer.
Statements are dispatched through registered mail at no extra cost. However, those wishing to use courier services, may call G4S KNEC desk on 0797461896 for advice on the charges and mode of payment. Those wishing to use fax services the charges are as per the table under clause 3.0 above.
Applicants must include their contact addresses and mobile numbers for ease of communication where further clarification is required.
Further enquiries may be send to the Chief Executive Officer, Kenya National Examinations Council through postal address or email address firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com