Kenya Universities and College Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is a state corporation established under section 55 of the universities act of 2012, whose functions are as follows:
- To coordinate placement of government sponsored students to universities and colleges.
- Disseminate information on available programmes, their costs and areas of study prioritized by the government.
- Collect and retain data relating to college and university placement.
- Advice government on matters relating to universities and colleges placement.
- Develop career guidance programme for the benefit of the students.
- Perform any duty assigned to it under the act.
Important information from kuccps to 2018 KCSE candidates
- All secondary schools are expected to give necessary career guidance and assist the kcse 2018 candidates with online application for placement to universities and colleges.
- That all secondary schools shall on behalf of candidates collect, collate and submit online application for placement to universities and colleges by following procedures given in the website.
- That every candidate is required to pay Kshs 500(Five hundred only); following procedures given in the website.
- That the minimum requirements for placement to degree is C+, Diploma C- , Craft Certificate D- and Artisan Certificate E.
- That minimum entry requirements by regulatory and professional bodies shall apply.
- That the placement of government sponsored students is only for Kenyan Citizens.
- That the applications for placement is a four stage process as shown below:
Stage 1: KUCCPS School/Centre Application
The School/Centre application shall commence on Monday, October 15th, 2018 Noon and close on Monday, December 31st, 2018. All candidates should be encouraged to apply and can select for four levels. However they should make choices for programmes they are only interested in pursuing. No program is mandatory. For more information visit: www.kuccps.net
Stage 2: KUCCPS first revision 2019
The online application portal is now open for the 2019/2020 placement to institutions of higher learning. 2018 KCSE candidates have up to 23rd February, 2019 to apply or revise their courses.
Stage 3: KUCCPS second revision 2019
Candidates who will not have qualified on competitive selection for any of their preferred choices during the first round of selection will be given a chance to do second revision by selecting courses with unfilled capacities.
Any applicant who fails to qualify for their choices but meet the cut off points for placement may be offered any course with unfilled capacities taking into account the minimum requirements for admission. Nb : School heads are reminded to give information on KCSE candidate with disability to facilitate this process