The online application portal is now open for the 2019/2020 placement to institutions of higher learning. 2018 KCSE candidates have up to 23rd February, 2019 to apply or revise their courses.
Speaking at Jogoo house office education CS Amina on Tuesday 6th February, 2019 directed Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) to immediately open online applications process to enable applicants to revise their courses for certificate, diploma, and degrees.
Out of 651,189 candidates who sat for KCSE 2018 only 90,744 of them who attained a mean grade of C+ and above, will be selected for admission to degree courses in both public and private universities.
Further, 121,288 who scored between C plain and C– in the 2018 KCSE examination are all eligible for placement in diploma courses in tertiary TVET institutions.
“ 244,436 who scored D and D+ in the 2018 KCSE are eligible for placement in Craft Certificate Courses in TVET institutions. To guarantee that we will not drop off any candidate who sat the 2018 KCSE, all 194,721 who scored between E and D– in the examination are eligible for selection to Artisan courses in the existing 800 Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions,” said education CS.
Application to TVET institutions is open to all candidates from the year 2000.
KUCCPS Application Guidelines 2019/2020
- To apply, login to the Student’s Portal using your KCSE Index Number and KCSE Year. Use your Birth Certificate Number/KCPE Index Number as the Password.
- All programmes have minimum subject requirements. You will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity.
- You may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab in the portal. You can also search for courses by institution, using the Institutionstab.
- As you select the programmes, you may move the ones that interest you into the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.
- After confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.
- An application processing fee is charged as follows:
- Students applying for the first time – Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Ksh1,000
- The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.
- You are advised to keep your transaction code safely. It will be required before you make any subsequent changes to your application.
How to Pay for KUCCPS 2019/2020,KUCCPS Business number
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.