The Ministry of Education has extended the reporting date deadline for the 2019 Form One students. The new deadline has been set to Friday next week 18th January, 2019.
This move is meant to allow all students take up their slots at the schools were they have been placed. In a circular dated Friday 11th January 2019, Education PS said extension of the deadline was requested by parents and teachers.
“To ensure 100 per cent transition is attained, and the need to give every child an opportunity, the Ministry of Education has extended the reporting date,” Kipsang said
The government is committed to see to it that all students who sat for KCPE last year proceed to secondary.
Although the NEMIS form one admission system was praised, it has experienced a major downtime paralysing the online admission process.
All schools, both private and public, are directed to upload all admitted students into Nemis system immediately.
NEMIS simplifies retrieval of data of learners whenever they visit health facilities under the National Hospital Insurance Fund scheme and FDSE benefits. Last year the government rolled out a medical cover for all secondary school students.