Last month the ministry of education announced plans to roll out upgrade Diploma program that targets trained teachers who are not in service and wish to upgrade from Primary Teacher Education Certificate to Diploma in Primary Teacher Education (DPTE) respectively.
Read also: List of best Public and Private Teachers Training Colleges-TTC in Kenya
Some institutions have started advertising this program and in this write up am going to take you through the fee structure for Upgrading program from Primary Teacher Education Certificate (P1) to Diploma in Primary Teacher Education (DPTE) course at Nakuru Teachers Training College.
According to the letter seen by Jambo News, students are required to report to the College for registration of first term studies from 1st Sept 2021. Those wishing to undertake the course must possess a valid PTE Certificate.
UPGRADING PROGRAM FEE STRUCTURE FOR DPTE (SEPTEMBER 2021 INTAKE)
|TERM||VOTE HEADS||AMOUNT (KSHS) |
|TERM 1||ADMISSION FEE|
TUITION & BOARDING FEE
|TOTAL – TERM 1||33,500/=|
|TERM II||TUITION & BOARDING FEE|
|TOTAL TERM 2||23,000/=|
|TERM III||TUITION & BOARDING FEE|
|TOTAL TERM 3||23,000/=|
On the admission day, student are required to bring the following are required to bring
- This original admission letter
- Originals and 3copies of each academic certificate,
- Original and three (3) copies of National ID Card,
- Original and three (3) copies of Birth certificate
- Original and 2 copies of marriage certificate (for married women only) and
- 2 recent taken color passport size photographs
- The attached medical report duly filled and signed by a Government Medical Doctor in a Government Hospital. (Note that declaration of your medical condition will not bar you from admission)
B. PERSONAL EFFECTS
- 2 blankets, A pair of bed sheets, Mattress-3″, Bedcover (Pink for ladies and light green for men) and Mosquito nets.
- A Pillow, Plate, Mug and Spoon
- Enough decent clothes in good condition for your own personal use.
- A Towel, Washing bucket/Basin and Pegs,
- Six cloth hangers.
- 2 pairs of Socks (white for ladies and grey for men)
- A pair of black shoes, white rubber shoes for Physical Education lessons and slippers ∙ At least six toilet paper rolls, soap, toothpaste and other essentials.
- Two small padlocks for your desk/locker in the classroom and suitcase in the hostel.
- Mattress / Bed sheets are available in the college at reasonable prices
- Printed, Twenty 200 pages A4 exercise book (One squared) with College Logo and Name, to be purchased from the college store.
- One graph exercise book of 96 pages
- Two reams of Photocopy papers -A4
- One ream of Foolscap Papers
- Mathematical set (Oxford) ruler, pens, rubber and pencil
- Stencil Ruler
- Two Spring files
- Scientific calculator