The Ministry of education has announced 9,000 scholarship opportunities for the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) 2023 candidates from needy and vulnerable households.
This is the third year in a row the Government is offering 9,000 scholarships under the Elimu Scholarship Programme.
The programme which is sponsored by the Kenya government, Equity Bank and World Bank seeks to benefit bright but disadvantaged learners across the country.
Elimu Scholarship caters for school fees, transport, learning materials and for the four-year secondary education period.
What are the qualifications for the Elimu Scholarship 2024?
The applicants must meet any of the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates with special needs and disabilities (Physical impairments, Hearing impairments and Low vision)
- Orphans and vulnerable children
- Candidates from vulnerable communities in the target Sub-Counties
- whose parents/guardians are living with disabilities that have compromised their ability to meet the financial obligations of their children
- whose families are affected by HIV/AIDS, chronic illnesses which could include Cancer, Kidney failure and similar illnesses which all have the same debilitating effects that could render parents and guardians destitute and unable to fend for their families
- whose families are affected by extreme poverty rendering them unable to educate their children
- who have suffered from neglect, abuse and have no support to continue with their education.
How to apply for Elimu Scholarship Programme
You can either apply for Elimu scholarship online or download application form and fill it manually. Below is the application procedure:
- To apply online go to: Elimu Scholarship online
- For Manual application: Download 2024 Elimu Application form pdf
- After downloading the application form, print it and fill in capital letters
- Submit the form to the nearest Equity Bank branch or agent
- You will be required to come with original documents for interviews if you are shortlisted
Elimu Scholarship Fund Application form
This form is given FREE OF CHARGE by the Ministry of Education through the Equity Group Foundation
- The information provided in this form is intended to help the Equity Group Foundation Community Scholarship Advisory Committee understand the applicant’s academic and financial position for the purpose of assessment for scholarship/award
- This application form must be filled accurately and completely in CAPITAL LETTERS
- On being invited for an interview the applicant must bring the originals of all documents attached
- All incomplete or inaccurately filled forms will be automatically rejected
- Copies of ALL DOCUMENTS required must be provided by the applicant. Any applications without relevant documents will be rejected
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- The completion and submission of this form is not a guarantee for sponsorship
- Any false statements, omissions or forged documents will lead to automatic disqualification
- Equity Group Foundation reserves the right to make the final determination of scholarship beneficiaries
- Only 2019 KCPE candidates will be considered
- The application form can be submitted either at the nearest Equity Branch or online via https://egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke/register_elimu
- Every part of this form must be filled. Failure to do so makes this application form incomplete and therefore renders the applicant illegible for the scholarship