The Kenya National Examination Council, KNEC, will be conducting training for teachers/tutors to prepare them to become examiners for Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE), Primary Teacher Education (PTE), Diploma in Teacher Education (DTE), Business and Technical Examinations.
The training will take place between 7th and 13th April, 2019. Through an advert seen by Jambo News, the Council has indicated that the training will be residential and venue will be communicated at a later date.
Each applicant will be required to pay training fee of Kes. 10,500 through KNEC Mpesa pay bill number 819313 using own registered mobile phone number. For the account number the applicant shall indicate the applicable examination i.e KCPE, KCSE, PTE, DTE, Business or Technical. The MPesa reference number must be captured on the application form on the spaces provided.
Qualified applicants will be trained to mark above examinations. Successful trainees will be incorporated into examiners database. KNEC will thereafter engage examiners using criteria for recruitment examiners based on needs.
Teachers/tutors who are already trained examiners and are on KNEC database of examiners need not to apply for training.
Criteria for training as an KNEC Examiner 2019
Teachers/tutors who intend to train as examiners should;
- Be a practising teacher/tutor in the relevant subject areas at the level of examination.
- Must be registered by Teachers Service Commission(TSC) or any other professional body.
- Have a minimum teaching experience of three(3) years.
- Must not be on interdiction or any other disciplinary action from the employer.
- Must be recommended by his/her head of the institution/organisation.
- Must be 50 years of age and below.
KCPE and KCSE Examiners
- Have a minimum qualification of P1 for KCPE examination and with a minimum of C (plain) in KCSE level in subject area they are applying to train.
- Diploma in Education (and above) for KCSE Examiners.
PTE Examiners 2019
Those applying for PTE Examiners should have a minimum of diploma in education and above.
DTE Examiners 2019
- Those applying for DTE Examiners should have degree in education and above.
- Those teaching in secondary schools and have masters in education an also apply to be trained as PTE and DTE Examiners.
Business and Technical Examiners 2019
- Have a minimum qualification of diploma in the relevant area of specialisation.
- At least one (1) academic level above the qualification of examination he/she is applying to be trained.
Applicants will be expected to access the online form using the link http://cp.knec.ac.ke/training, fill their respective personal information and print.
Applicants will further be required to fill section 2.0 and 4.0 manually attach testimonials listed in the the application form and forward to KNEC so as to reach the Council before on or before 29th March, 2019.
Note that only qualified teachers/tutors who have presented the required documents will be trained for shortlisted exercise.
All application to be addressed to:
Age. Chief Executive Officer
Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC)
P.O. Box 73598-00200
KNEC 2019 Training Centres
The training will take place between Sunday 7th April, 2019, to 13the April, 2019, at designated centers. The training is exclusively for those who applied and notified by sms.
Here are some of the centres:
1. Alliance High – 102/2, 101/3 451/1
2. Alliance Girls – 121/2
3. Sunshine – 101/2
4.Mang’u – 231/3
5. Mary Hill -311/2, 441/1
6. Machakos Girls- 314/1, 314/2
7. Buruburu Girls -565/1, 313/2
8. St. George’s 565/1, 3131/2
9.Moi Girls Nairobi: 102/1
10. Physics 232/1- State House Girls
11. Chemistry 233/1- Mang’u boys