HomeEducation NewsConfirmed: KCPE 2022 Results To Be Released Today

Confirmed: KCPE 2022 Results To Be Released Today

Results for the 1.2 million test takers for the 2022 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) will be announced today.

Ezekiel Machogu, the cabinet secretary for education, will announce the results at the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) location while ensuring a transparent and error-free procedure.

“We put the necessary measures in place and I assure you there will be no cheating because we had personal accountability at an individual level from the centre manager to the security personnel, supervisors and invigilators,” said Machogu.

The process of enrolling Standard Eight students in secondary schools will commence immediately when KCPE results are announced.

The final set of applicants for the 8-4-4 educational system will take the final KCPE exam next year, making this the second-to-last cohort.

The efficient coordination of government ministries and departments has made it possible for ministry staff to administer national examinations.

To produce a reliable exam, the Ministries of the Interior and National Coordination of Government, ICT, Teachers Service Commission (TSC), and KNEC collaborated.

The first Grade Six national assessment was also given to CBC pioneer candidates. The assessment was anticipated to contribute 40% of the candidate’s overall score, with the remaining 60% coming from classroom teacher scores obtained from the Grade Four, Grade Five, and Grade Six school-based assessments.

The Junior Secondary Schools (JSS) will be housed in primary schools as per the recommendations of the Presidential Working Party on Education Reforms (PWPER). This was not the original plan, which had JSS attending secondary schools.

Parents with Grade Six learners are anxiously waiting for JSS guidelines to help them plan for January, given that the Kenya Primary School Education Assessment (KPSEA) they wrote will not be used to place learners.

They are optimistic that the Ministry will provide a direction today.

The release of these examinations mark the end of the re-arranged academic calendar that was occasioned by the Covid-19 pandemic disruptions.

Popular Posts