How to apply
Before continuing for application its important to read the University of Nairobi admission requirements
and ensure that you meet the admission requirements before applying.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own application. The University of Nairobi does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at own risk.
- The closing dates are non-negotiable. It is your responsibility to ensure you apply before the applicable deadline!
- It is of utmost importance that you provide your correct personal email, Mobile Number, postal addresses and Next of Kin contacts to enable the University of Nairobi to contact with you directly.
- You will only be able to submit your online application once you have:
- Completed the full online application form, AND
- Uploaded all the necessary scanned supporting documents in .pdf format, AND
- Either paid the application fee by any of the provided means.
- If you have not successfully paid by either means, your form has not been submitted.
- Once your application has been successfully submitted after you have clicked VERIFY and APPLY:
- You will no longer be able to do any further editing of your application via the Online Application system.
- You will be informed by SMS and Email what your allocated reference number is.
- You will also be sent other important procedures describing how to check your progress and application results on your Email.
Persons with disabilities
The online application system provides the facility for an applicant to disclose his/her disability
status. Applicants are encouraged to make use of this facility to disclose their disability status at
this point in the application process. Such a disclosure will in no way prejudice an application.
Disclosing your disability status enables the University of Nairobi to better anticipate the needs
arising from these disabilities.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI ONLINE APPLICATION
Step 1. Access from your computer or mobile phone www.application.uonbi.ac.ke
Step 2. Profile Registration – For first time applicants, create a personal profile by clicking on
“Click Here to Register Button” to proceed to fill the all the required information.
Note: All details marked with a red asterisk are mandatory and you will be required to
provide them before you proceed and you must read and accept the terms and conditions
before submitting your details.
Upon completion, an email will be sent to you (email provided during registration) requiring you
to log in into your email account and activate your account together with your username and
This will allow you to log into your account to manage your profile and track the progress of your
application. To create your account please click on the Register button otherwise enter your
username and password to log in to your account.
Step 3. Profile Management
To apply for a University programme you will be required to complete your profile. These include;
- your Personal details,
- Contact information,
- Education background,
- Work experience and
You will also be required to upload scanned copies of your certificates, transcripts and
Note: If you do not manage to complete your profile in one session your data will be saved
and you can still come back and complete it at a later time.
Step 4: Programme Selection
Only when your profile is complete can you apply for the programme you wish to undertake.
Go to “Click here to apply” menu option on the Dashboard where you will select your programme
from the intakes that are open at the time of making the application. Then click on “Apply for
Once you click you will be lead to the form where you select the preferred type of degree.
You will also be able to view the entry requirements for the programme to see if you meet the
requirements before making the application.
On selection of the degree programme types e.g Certificate & Diploma, Undergraduate/Bachelors,
Masters/Postgraduate Diplomas or PhD you intent to apply for, you will get a list of all the
available programmes in that category. Click on ‘Apply for this Programme’ Button alongside the
Step 5: Payment of Application Fees
If satisfied and wish to proceed you will be directed to the payment section where you pay the
The system supports online payment using Master and Visa cards, Mpesa and payment through the bank.
In each case the system will issue an applicant reference number which should be used as the account no when making the payment.
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT VIA M-PESA
Pay the required amount through your mobile phone by M-PESA following the instructions
1. Go to M-PESA on your phone.
2. Select Lipa na M-PESA option
3. Select Pay Bill option.
4. Enter Business no.
5. Enter your Reference number as sent to your mobile phone
6. Enter the Amount you intend to pay.
7. Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send
N/B. Only make the payment if you have been allocated an application reference number
sent to your phone or email.
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT USING VISA CARD
- You can also pay using a VISA debit or credit card by choosing the VISA option.
- Enter the cardnumber, Expiry dateand the security code,then click on the ‘Pay’Button
NOTE: You will be notified on successful payment process. You can print the payment report
generated after the process.
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI APPLICATION PAYMENT BY DIRECT BANKING
1. Visit any Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) branch
2. Obtain a cash deposit slip
3. Enter the branch as University Way
4. Enter Account number 1177475707
5. Enter Account Name University of Nairobi (CESSP)
6. Quote the application reference number as sent to your mobile phone
7. Enter amount being paid eg. (KES3,000.00)
8. Deposit your money
9. Log in to your online application account to confirm that the payment has been processed
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI APPLICATION PROGRESS TRACKING
The Online application system provides a mechanism for applicants to track the progress of admission process at any given time, and also download the admission letter and joining instructions.
All this can be done from the applicant’s portal account by click of a button.
Here the UoN application link