The Teachers Service Commission(TSC) is advertising 5,000 posts for recruitment of Secondary School teachers to support the 100 percent transition policy from Primary to Secondary Schools.
Teachers to be recruited will serve on permanent and pensionable terms.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application online through TSC website www.tsc.go.ke under careers or teachersonline.go.ke not later than 14th September, 2020.
Recruitment of secondary school teachers(4,000 posts)
Eligible candidates should meet the following basic requirements:
(i) Be Kenya citizens;
(iii) Must have a holder of at-least diploma in education.
(iv) Must be registered with the Teachers Service Commission.
Promotion and deployment of practising primary school teachers in public schools (1,000)
To qualify for promotion and deployment to secondary school, a candidate should meet the following requirement;
i) Be Kenyan Citizen;
ii) PI Certificate;
iii) Bachelor’s Degree in Education with 2 teaching subjects;
iv) Must have minimum mean grade C+ (Plus) at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or its equivalent and minimum C+ (Plus) in the two teaching subjects.
Successful candidates under this category shall be appointed at T-Scale 7- Grade C2 and shall be posted to secondary schools where vacancies exist.
Recruitment of primary school teachers(1,000)
(i) Be Kenya citizens;
(ii) Must have original Professional and Academic Certificates;
(iii) Must be registered with the Teachers Service Commission.
Successfully candidates shall be posted to serve in any part of the country not necessarily in the county where they were recruited.
It is important to note that the Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should note the following;
- To qualify for appointment on permanent and pensionable terms of service, a candidate should be eligible to serve for a minimum period of ten(10) continuous years effective from date of appointment as required by law
- The teachers Service Commission 2020/2021 Recruitment Guidelines Shall apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce original academic and professional certificates.
- Successful candidates must not fill more than one application for employment form. Filling of more than one application for employment forms will lead to disqualification.
- Manual application will not be accepted.
- Preference will be made to candidates who have not been previously employed by the Teachers Service Commission.
The recruitment exercise is free of charge. The Teachers Service Commission wishes to caution applicants against fraudsters who are out to extort money from unsuspecting individuals purporting to be in a position to influence the employment process.
Any fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest police station, or to Teachers Service Commission headquarters through the following hotlines between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m.
1. Tel: 0202892193
2. Tel: 0202892131
3. Tel: 0202892132
4. Tel: 0202892133
Write to the Commission through the email address email@example.com
For detailed information on available vacancies in Secondary Schools applicants are advised to:
a) Visit TSC Website www.tsc.go.ke
b) Visit TSC County and/or Sub County offices where they wish to apply for the advertised positions.