The Ministry of Education has announced 1,000 vacancies for internship under the Digital Literacy programme
For appointment into the internship positions a candidate must meet the following conditions;
- Must have not graduated early than 2018.
- In possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Education with specialization in information Communication Technology or a Bachelor’s Degree in ICT ;or a Diploma in ICT or ICT integration in Education from a recognized institution or it’s equivalent.
- Knowledgeable in networking and infrastructure ,application development ,information security and project management and;
- Able to integrate ICT with Education in terms of E- Learning and content development .
Internship Duties and Responsibilities
The Duties include, but not limited to;
- Support of E-Learning and content development in line with the schemes of work
- Provide class support and training of Primary School teachers in use of digital literacy devices
- Support implementation of the Digital learning programme
- Carrying out innovations to enable schools improve on use of digital learning.
- Provide support in safe, secure and ethical use of technology in learning
- Assist teachers by integrating ICT in delivery of teaching, learning and assessment
- Support school staff with development and production of key school policies and procedures
- Provide first line support and maintenance of ICT services in the schools
Duration of Internship
Twelve (12) months-Non renewable
The interns will be paid a stipend by the State department at a rate as determined by the Public Service Commission.
On successful completion of the Internship Programme, the interns will be awarded a certificate by the State department
How To Apply
Interested and qualified graduates are requested to make their applications through the Commission’s job portal accessible through www.publicservice.go.ke or www.psckjobs.go.ke by 9th August, 2022