The National Education Management Information System (NEMIS) is an online system that is aimed at managing the vast education sector in Kenya.
The Ministry of Education disburses Free Secondary Education (FSE) and Free Primary Education (FPE) funds into the respective schools’ bank accounts.
Schools are expected to update the above data accurately.
How to update Tuition and Operations Accounts’ bank details of an Institutions on NEMIS
In order for one to successfully update the above details in nemis, follow these steps;
- Access the NEMIS portal by using the address: http://nemis.education.go.ke/
- Log into the portal by using the User Name and Password; provided to school heads.
- Once logged in, click on the ‘Institutions’ tab and from the drop down menu, select ‘Bank Account’.
- Select the account (i.e Tuition or Operations), Select the Bank where the account is maintained and Bank Branch.
- Next, correctly fill in the account number. Finally select the status as either Transferred, Active, closed…
- Click on ‘save’ to update the details.
- Remember to update the details for the two bank accounts (i.e Operations and Tuition).