The Kenya Universities and Central Placement Service has announced that all KCSE 2019 candidates who attained entry grades to institutions of higher learning will benefit from government sponsorship.
This announcement brings to a close speculations that the Ministry of Education was pushing the government to raise cut-off points in a bid to sponsor a manageable number of students.
According to Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service, a total of 688,928 qualified for placement to tertiary institutions at various levels under Government sponsorship.
“Universities have declared a capacity of 193,878, which is enough to absorb all those who met the minimum requirement for admission to degree programmes and are willing to pursue courses in Universities,” said KUCCPS CEO Dr John Muraguri in a statement.
KUCCPS Student Portal Opened for First Revision 2020
Consequently, KUCCPS has opened its online student portal for application and revision of courses with the process closing Monday, March 9, 2020, at 5.00 pm.
Application for KUCCPS placement involves several stages as detailedly explained below:
Stage 1: KUCCPS School/Centre Application
For KCSE 2019 candidates School/Centre application commenced on September 26, 2019 and close on December 31, 2019. All candidates were encouraged to apply and select for four levels. No program is mandatory. For more information visit: www.kuccps.net
Stage 2: KUCCPS first revision 2020
The online application portal is now open for the 2020/2021 placement to institutions of higher learning. 2019 KCSE candidates have up to Monday, March 9, 2020, at 5.00 pm to apply or revise their courses.
Stage 3: KUCCPS second revision 2020
Candidates who will not have qualified on competitive selection for any of their preferred choices during the first round of selection will be given a chance to do second revision by selecting courses with unfilled capacities.
Any applicant who fails to qualify for their choices but meet the cut off points for placement may be offered any course with unfilled capacities taking into account the minimum requirements for admission.
Nb : School heads are reminded to give information on KCSE candidate with disability to facilitate this process.
Additional information to KUCCPS 2020 Application
The following are some important highlights from the Policy and Procedure for your information and guidance:
- That all secondary schools are expected to provide the necessary career guidance and assist the K.C.S.E. candidates with the online application for placement to Universities and Colleges.
- That all secondary schools shall on behalf of their candidates to collect, collate and submit online the applications for placement to Universities and Colleges following the procedure given in the website.
- That at school application stage, each candidate is required to pay an application fee of Ksh 500 (five hundred) only; following the procedure given in the website.
- Currently, the Minimum Requirements for placement:
LEVEL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS Degree C + (Plus) Diploma C – (Minus) Craft Certificates D (Plain) Artisan Certificate D – (Minus) and Below
All K.C.S.E. candidates therefore, are eligible for placement to Universities and Colleges under Government sponsorship at the applicable level.
- That Minimum Entry Requirements by Regulatory and Professional Bodies will also be applicable.
- That the placement of Government sponsored students applies only to Kenyan citizens.
ACK Gardens, 1st Ngong’ Avenue, Upperhill Nairobi
Telephone : 020 5137400, 0723954927, 0734879662
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
P. O. Box 105166 – 00101