Here is all you need to know concerning Assistant Deputy Director (Teacher Management).
Reporting to County Director, this position is responsible for the provision of
Teacher Management general administrative support, Customer Care and Data
Management for public institutions at TSC headquarters, County and Sub-County
In addition an officer at this level should be able to quality assurance for
the teaching service. Successful applicants will be deployed in any station within
the Republic of Kenya as a Sub-County Director.
Terms of employment
The successful applicants will be appointed on 5 years renewable contract
subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervision of the TSC Staff, Curriculum Support Officers and all teachers in
- Ensure all heads of institutions comply with requirements of Performance
- Monitor the performance of staff by ensuring they set performance targets
and sign the appraisal forms;
- Evaluate the understanding of teachers on the Code of Regulations and
other education policies and enforce compliance;
- Manage customer care matters in the Sub-County and compile reports on
customer queries to document teachers’ points of concern to inform policy
- Compile public complaints report on matters affecting teachers, and
forward this report to the Director or County Director for action;
- Coordinate with heads of institutions and the Curriculum Support in the Sub-County to ensure proper data and information is maintained for Teacher Management functions for easy references and retrieval when need arises;
- Establish and maintain staffing data in the institution and advice on recruitments, transfers, deployment and posts for Administrators;
- Provide leadership in mentoring and coaching of directorate staff to inspire and motivate staff;
- Provide input into the preparation of the Departmental/County annual budget.
Requirements for appointment
Applicants must be either serving Curriculum Support Officers or currently serving
as Secretariat Staff. Applicants should have:
- Masters Degree in Education or relevant discipline, from a recognized
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education;
- Must have 12 years’ experience in the teaching service three of which
should have been in an administrative position;
- Leadership, communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Show merit in job performance;
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya
NB: Certificate in Management Course (MC) lasting not less than four weeks from
a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
|Term of Service||contract for 5 years renewable|
|Basic Salary||137,460 – 167,098 p.m|
The remuneration will include Group Personal Accident/Wiba Cover,
Comprehensive Medical Cover, House allowance as per region, Commuter
allowance, Leave allowance. Service gratuity computed at 31% of basic salary
for every year serviced will be paid once the contract ends or is terminated as
stipulated in the Contract Agreement.