HomeEducation NewsTSC PortalTSC Resignation On Account of Marriage, Pension Payable

TSC Resignation On Account of Marriage, Pension Payable

Teachers Service Commission, TSC, has revealed that a married female teacher who has served for a minimum of period of five (5) years on Permanent and Pensionable terms can resign on account of marriage.

Upon resigning one is entitled to a marriage gratuity paid at a rate of 1/12 of a month’s pensionable emoluments for each completed month of pensionable service subject to a maximum of one year pensionable emoluments.

Other Forms of TSC Exit

Two years ago, TSC released newly reviewed service exits/retirements for teachers in which teachers employed by the commission can exit service.

This includes voluntary retirement on attainment of 50 years and on completion of 10 years continuous service on Permanent and Pensionable terms.

Compulsory Retirement applies to teachers who have attained 60 years. A notice will be issued two years before the date of retirement.

A teacher may be retired in the light of his/her usefulness to the teaching service or any public assignment and all other circumstances of the case, such retirement is desirable in the public interest.
NB: Teachers who retire qualify for lump sum and monthly Pension.
A teacher on permanent and pensionable terms can resign from service after giving three months’ notice in writing or pay one month’s basic salary in lieu of notice. Resignation will not attract any pension benefits. However, a male teacher who resigns or is dismissed from service is entitled to WCPS refund. Such a teacher should write claiming the refund.

The dependants of a teacher who dies in service are entitled to Death Gratuity and Dependants Pension if the teacher was serving on Permanent and Pensionable terms and was confirmed in the service.
For Death Gratuity to be paid the following shall apply:

  • Deceased teacher’s name is removed from payroll and overpayment recorded if any.
  • The next-of-kin should submit original death certificate and a letter by area chief identifying the next-of-kin and dependants.
  • The next of kin will settle over payment if any.
  • The claim is forwarded to the Director of Pensions for payment. NB: In case of a dispute, the parties involved are referred to the Deputy County Commissioner for arbitration.
  • The dependants may also seek legal redress from a court of law.
  • Pension is paid to the deceased dependants who are aged below 18 years for a period of 5 years.


Popular Posts