HomeEducation NewsKNEC PortalKNEC Reveals Dates Grade 6 Pupils Will Select Junior Secondary Schools To...

KNEC Reveals Dates Grade 6 Pupils Will Select Junior Secondary Schools To Join

Education Cabinet Secretary, George Magoha, has revealed dates for Grade 6 learners will choose Junior High Schools they wish to join.

According to the information the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) will open the portal from August 15 to 30, and Grade 6 learners will then be required to select Junior High Schools in readiness for placement.

While speaking to media on Friday, July 22, CS Magoha stated that the 1.27 million are registered for Grade 6 are poised to sit for the national exam starting November 28  to November 30, 2022.

Earlier on the council had revealed that  exams will constitute 40 per cent of the total score while the Grade 4, 5 and 6 school-based assessments will make up the remaining 60 per cent.

According to CS Magoha, 2.51 million students will begin secondary school in January 2023.

He added that after taking the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) exams, over 1.27 million students would graduate from sixth grade and another 1.24 million will enroll in high school.

The Grade 6 exam is scheduled for November, and KNEC has already provided instructions for how it will be administered.

KNEC Chief Executive Officer David Njegere explained to school administrators that candidates would take a School-Based Assessment (SBA) test in their home institutions, which will be graded by their teachers.

They will then register for the national exam after the evaluation’s results have been submitted to the portal.

After that, students will be given an assessment number, which functions as a substitute for the index number, and use it to register for the Kenya Intermediate Level Education Assessment (KILEA).

Five papers will be written by the students: English and Math on the first day, Integrated Science and Kiswahili on the second, and Creative Arts and Social Studies on the third.

The materials needed for the practical evaluations will be provided by the schools, with KNEC advising schools to improvise some of the resources at their disposal.

By the deadline that will be announced by KNEC, teachers will grade students’ responses and assign grades, which will then be published to the KILEA portal.

Popular Posts